As the school holidays are edging ever closer, parents across the country are beginning to no doubt have the same concern that has been around for decades! What am I going to do with the kids for the next SIX WEEKS? Well, at ReesLeisure we know the struggle and have put together a list of 5 great ideas for the family around Hampshire that will get the whole family outdoors exploring and getting active.
1) Firstly (a bit of shameless self-promotion) the Seaside in the Square is back for three weeks in Guildhall Square Southampton! We have been helping Go!Southampton with the organisation and the programme is all set the beach is ready to go and tomorrow evening (19th of July) is the public launch night!
There is a whole range of activities taking place at the beach from Yoga to Volleyball to music to films to craft – we’ve got you covered! Take a look at the programme here to see which of the many options takes your fancy.
2) Another great day outdoors is Marwell Zoo with over 140 acres of the worlds most impressive wild animals including Tigers, Leopards, Rhinos, Giraffes, Meerkats and Brickosaurs (that’s right Lego Dinosaurs!) Marwell first opened in 1972 and has been a staple for families across Hampshire ever since and we could not recommend it highly enough for a full jam packed day out and with 140 acres to cover there will be plenty of walking to get you moving.
3) How many of you have been for a day out exploring the history of the city that so many of us live in and around? Southampton – there is a lot more to the city than initially meet the eye and walking tours of the city are available everyday looing at a different aspect of the cities history – why not be a tourist in your own town?
4) Right on our doorstep in Hampshire is the beautiful New Forest! Great for cycling, running, walking, exploring and shopping in quant villages filled with independent shops with all sorts to offer.
5) Did you know that ReesLeisure started out with Swimming Lessons – since then we have grown to do many other things but the swimming lessons are still going strong. At Wessex Swim School we have been teaching children to swim for over fifteen years now and this summer are running holiday crash courses for two weeks in Winchester and Salisbury at the start of the holiday season. If you are off on a seaside break (other than of course Guildhall Square!) make sure that you can truly relax by getting your children water confident. These five day courses should allow your children to be confident and safe in the water.